Author Topic: Hotmail email issues - Important  (Read 895 times)

Offline diddy

• Administrator
Hotmail email issues - Important
« on: Sunday, January 7 2018, 14:38 »
Posting this here so that members trying to register can see it too.

The forum is currently having issues with sending emails to hotmail and outlook addresses.  These include -

- Welcome and Registration emails to new members
- Forgotten password reminders
- New Private Message notifications

For new members trying to register who use a hotmail address, please either register with a different email address or wait 24 hours and then try and log in with your username and password.  Your membership request will have been approved, you just won't get the emails.

For existing members who have a hotmail email address registered on the forum, please don't use the PM facility until this has been resolved, or change your email address on the forum, as I am getting the 'failure to send' notification as the administrator - and it includes the original PM.  I promise I have deleted them all immediately without reading them and have come on as soon as I figured out what was going on to let you know. 

I am working with Microsoft at the moment to hopefully get this sorted as soon as possible.

Will update when the issue has been resolved. 

Sincere apologies for the inconvenience. 
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 7 2018, 14:55 by diddy »

Offline diddy

• Administrator
Re: Hotmail email issues - Important
« Reply #1 on: Friday, May 11 2018, 09:58 »
Just to let everyone know this issue has been resolved and emails to hotmail and outlook etc are now going through fine.