Author Topic: Excellent Article  (Read 205 times)

Offline Macaria

• Sarcasm and dark humor are my specialty...
Excellent Article
« on: Saturday, March 11 2017, 14:39 »
I thought this was a great read and can help SMs with getting across why the adult relationship comes first... even though the skids aren't the results of our partnerships/marriages, the basic idea is still the same as far as modeling a good relationship and having productive rather than entitled future adults.

https://www.google.com/amp/lacrossetribune.com/lifestyles/relationships-and-special-occasions/john-rosemond-your-kids-should-not-be-the-most-important/article_e61f4a20-c15e-53c6-ba51-e86af16ab957.amp.html
Recovering Disney Dad: 46
Sarcastic Stepmom: 38
Entitled, bratty, whiny SD: Preteen (ugh)
Voldemort (BM): Who cares, I mean really?

Online Miranda

Re: Excellent Article
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, March 11 2017, 20:47 »
I thought this was a great read and can help SMs with getting across why the adult relationship comes first... even though the skids aren't the results of our partnerships/marriages, the basic idea is still the same as far as modeling a good relationship and having productive rather than entitled future adults.

https://www.google.com/amp/lacrossetribune.com/lifestyles/relationships-and-special-occasions/john-rosemond-your-kids-should-not-be-the-most-important/article_e61f4a20-c15e-53c6-ba51-e86af16ab957.amp.html
Totally agree with everything he says and so do all my older friends (mainly in their sixties) whether they have kids or not. Interestimgly  the ones below fifty years old are very different. How did this huge turn around in parenting happen? The older friends have great kids who have grown up to be polite responsible citizens. The younger ones have a series of spoilt entitled brats (including oh)
Me 53 3 grown up biological sons
OH 49 kind good man, hates conflict. Disney/cub leader dad
Only 8 months together! It's already hell
SS15 nice, cool kid. Get on well
SS12 Weird immature brat
BM Helicopter mother no real problem, won't meet me.  Has no life other than kids and expects same from OH

Offline Frazzled

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, March 11 2017, 20:55 »
Thanks Macaria. Really good.
Me:44 Massive introvert
OH:46 Duty bound people pleaser
SS:16 OK, but so lazy
SD:14 Mini-wife
50:50 Shared care :-(

Online Suo

• When nothing goes right, go left
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, March 11 2017, 22:15 »
Great read. Curious to hear OH's opinion lol.
Me 46 - very happy with my 2 big dogs, kitty, and a gazillion chooks
OH 45 - loving, kind, generous, genuine
BM - Narcissistic psychopath
SD10 - Narcissistic psychopath in training

"A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right and evil doesn't become good just because your mum says so"

Offline KateyM71

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, March 12 2017, 00:18 »
My skids BM is always at OH telling him he's not putting the kids first. It will be interesting to see how she goes when they leave home and she has nothing- no kids, no partner, no hobbies, no friends
Me: 45
Partner: 45
BM1: no contact
SD1: 20 (living independently)
SD2: 19 (living independently)
My children: 16, 18, 20. Live 5 hrs away with ex-husband - No contact - Parental Alienation Syndrome
BM2: 39
SD3: 7
SS: 5

Online Miranda

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, March 12 2017, 07:09 »
Great read. Curious to hear OH's opinion lol.
I sent it to OH and he say it was very good 😂😂😂 ......well try doing it then you idiot!
Me 53 3 grown up biological sons
OH 49 kind good man, hates conflict. Disney/cub leader dad
Only 8 months together! It's already hell
SS15 nice, cool kid. Get on well
SS12 Weird immature brat
BM Helicopter mother no real problem, won't meet me.  Has no life other than kids and expects same from OH